Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday, July 16, 2004


20 Emmy nominations for the Sopranos. Great stuff. The Simpsons can't even get a Comedy Series nomination? Gimmee a break. It's pretty incredible, HBO took in 124 nominations, more than ABC, CBS and Fox combined. It's probably because the Emmys don't like reality shows, and these days there's at least one on every channel. I can definitely see a realignment of network TV shows in the near future. Maybe broadcast execs will see what the Sopranos is doing. The show is only on in about 1/3 the homes of the broadcast networks, but there's about 10 million people watching it on the big nights, like a season finale or someone expecting to get whacked. So there should be a change soon. Or at least, I hope there is. It would be nice to see a show that uses a script.

A funny political cartoon that my dumb boss sent me, I mean my boss I highly respect: http://jibjab.hoverstudios.com/mirror.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment