Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Monday, August 09, 2004


Watching the US Olympic trials a couple weeks back really whet (whetted?) my appetite for the games this week. There are a bunch of people who are going to make the next few weeks really exciting for a lot of people. Some people to watch that I liked watching:

Diving - Sara Hildebrand and Laura Wilkinson. Wilkinson didn't perform that great at the trials, but she pulled through on the last dive and I think that courage will help her get a gold during the games.

Gymnastics - The Hamm Bros. These guys are amazing. They're twin brothers and they're both great. Blaine Wilson might not be the star this year, but it should be fun to watch.

Swimming - Michael Phelps. He has a chance to get a world record 8 gold medals. I think he can do it.

Track/Field - My favorite olympic sport. So many athletes and so many events, but i'm biased towards the 100m and I'll be watching Gail Devers, because she's superhuman.

In the spirit of internationalism, I found a funny clip that might help us get in the right mindset. Have fun!

http://www.glenberg.com/AudioVideo.htm (scroll down to DENIRO)

No comments:

Post a Comment