Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Monday, December 12, 2005


This past weekend was long and, most definitely, emotionally exhausting. Over the span of three days I witnessed an eloquent and moving celebration of a woman's full-life lived, and in the same day, I was part of the celebration of a friend's new phase of life just begun. Going through these experiences, I came to the realization that I've lost "it." That awe of life; looking out the window as a kid and wondering where the snow comes from; taking some time out to go on a walk instead of driving somewhere. I'm not saying I need to be more naive or childish, but, just through the rigors of daily life, I know that I became jaded. I know that somewhere along the line, I forgot the things that I should relish every day. This past weekend got me thinking a lot about mortality, about legacies that one leaves behind, about the future, about transitions in one's life, about great family and great friends and about God. 2005 held a lot of lessons for me. Actually, I think everyone should have been able to learn a lot from this year, that is if you opened your eyes and wanted to learn from those experiences. I know for a fact that 2006 will be a stellar year. I'm going to set my own standards. I will expect much more from myself and I plan to fulfill those expectations. Yeah, 2006 is gonna be a great year, and I'm gonna keep my eyes open the whole way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment