Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Monday, December 20, 2004


So I did this "bit" one time, I guess you could call it, which got a lot of laughs from people around me. And I decided to do it again this morning because the opportunity presented itself. What I do is, in the subway, if someone is hauling something heavy i.e. luggage, down or upstairs, they usually look like they need help. So, I offer a willing hand and take it for them. Once at the bottom of the staircase, I pretend to start running away with the heavy object i.e. luggage, only to walk back and show that it's only a joke. I do this if the person looks like they can take a joke and if it looks like they could use a good laugh. Unfortunately, this time I picked the wrong time to do it. In order to help you visualize my anecdote, I've employed some stick-figure drawings:

I'm coming down to the R train and notice that a woman is struggling with some luggage. She makes eye contact and I ask her if she needs a hand.

She obliges and willingly hands over the luggage to me and I begin to carry it the rest of the way downstairs.

As I near the bottom I start taking off with the luggage. But, there's a wall on the right side of this staircase, so you don't see anything to your right until you round the corner. As I turned the corner, I bumped into a policeman who happened to be coming up the stairs (I didn't know how to draw a policeman, so I just drew a guy with a cowboy hat with the sheriff's badge signifying his martial authority).

And that's when the confusion started. The woman thought I was going to steal her stuff, while I was explaining to the cop that I was just joking around. I was there for a while trying to explain myself and I somehow talked myself out of it, eventually. I got into work and I laughed at myself for a good 10 mins. What a dumbass!

No comments:

Post a Comment