Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Monday, June 13, 2005


Nice weekend for sports fans. The big talk was probably about Mike Tyson. I remember watching my first Tyson fight, when he fought Larry Holmes. I didn't know much about boxing, so I couldn't really understand how great he was, technique-wise, back then, but what I could comprehend was that he was a nasty pit-bull who was just gonna kill a guy. Fast-forward to this past weekend, and that is no longer the case. It's funny because I just saw Cinderella Man and hearing the post-fight analysis of the Tyson fight and seeing some highlights, it seems as if Tyson's talent is so far drained that he had to resort to dirty tricks like Max Baer. He may be back or he may not, but I don't see how he can be as exciting as he once was...unless he pulls off a Jimmy Braddock.

And then, my Yanks. Thank goodness there will always be a Tampa Bay to look good by comparison. But, the team isn't in dire straits, yet. If they have a good upcoming homestand it could put them right back into the race. The real story in baseball is the Washington Nationals. Those guys are blazing. It would be bizarre to see them in the World Series.

And my prediction of Detroit in 7 is still a reality. Although, it is very convincing to see the Spurs play basketball. It's like Basketball 101... pass the ball and move. With the Pistons it's as if a play breaks down in the first 15 seconds and then they have to depend on the talent of the individual players. But, Brown is excellent at adjusting and that is why I'm still holding on to my prediction.

No comments:

Post a Comment