Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tuesday, May 24, 2005


I was just reading a little bit about the electronic entertainment expo this year. It's gonna be pretty crazy for gamimg this fall on into next year. The new Xbox console is coming in November along with about 40 new Xbox games. I haven't heard anything about the specs of the machine itself, but Gates' just confirmed that Halo 3 is going to be released next year about the same time as the Playstation 3 is launched.

From what I've seen of the PS3 it looks really impressive. It runs on a new "Cell" processor and it's supposedly 35x faster than a PS2. Although, I've heard that the CPU for the Xbox is faster than the PS3's. The machine is HDTV compatible, can be played on two screens side-by-side, has wireless Bluetooth controllers, and uses discs that hold more data than a DVD. It looks pretty sleek, too. I didn't know what to expect until I saw a trailer from a PS3 game and an Xbox 360 game and they both look incredible. Judge for yourself.

Killzone for PS3:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

Gears of War for Xbox 360:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html

In the meantime I think I'll be happy with Ghosts n' Goblins on my Genesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment