Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Monday, March 17, 2008



My first cricket...

I was walking past Grand Central Terminal the other week and I saw some freebies being handed out on the street. I thought they were free samples of food, but after I got one I looked at it and they were dead, flavored crickets:






Funny enough this was a promotion for the show Bizarre Foods, which I had just started watching lately.


These things don't seem to have that much nutritional value. Only .5g protein and 9 calories? I think it's time for the cricket eaters to push for organic. Anyway, I decided to dive in and see what all the fuss was about, and these are pretty much the results. Please excuse the attire and, for clarification, I'm using tongs not chopsticks:
So how did it taste, you ask? It was kind of like an unpopped popcorn kernel...pretty much just shell. I think I was really disgusted by the sour cream and onion flavoring. God, I hate sour cream and onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment