Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Wednesday, December 26, 2007


Hey, if you really want to reminisce, check out http://www.ratemyteachers.com. It's advised that you look at the website with former classmates. And if you didn't go to school then disregard this post. Actually, you're probably not even understanding this right now because you might not be able to read.

This site got me thinking about my old teachers and which ones were major influences and which ones were garbage. It's strange how you have to go through different experiences in your life to, only now, understand how great a teacher was--and that person didn't even have to be teaching something that is even remotely related to what you are doing today. I guess it's because passion and loyalty for something is never more visible in anyone than in the face of a teacher. And these days, it's hard to find those qualities in many people regardless of what field they're in. We respect people who are good at what they do and who love what they do. But teachers are different because their passion actually changes your life in some way, and that's a pretty unique thing that no one else can really lay claim to. My favorite teacher was a teacher of theology in high school and he didn't tell me what to think, but that it was OK to think and question things that were, prior to that point, a "given." So, Mr. Dellanno, if you're reading this, I just want to say, what the hell are you doing on my site, stalking me? you perv, get lost!

Any teachers influence you all out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment