Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Friday, May 26, 2006



NE Still Has Dumbest Drivers

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/05/26/dumb_driver_states/index.html

Yes, CNN does not spare us any cruelty in naming the above article. What it says is that, according to the results of a driving test given by GMAC Insurance company, 1-in-11 licensed drivers would fail a state driving test. Rhode Island is at the bottom in terms of failure, followed by NY, NJ, MA and others. Yours truly took this test, and, like you I was thinking, hey, I've got a clean driving record so this should be a piece of cake. The result was a 40%. Try it:
http://www.gmacinsurance.com/SafeDriving/2006/drivertest.asp

The state results were surprising to me. I would think NJ drivers would have scored higher. There's a lot of things to complain about in this state, but driving would be the lowest on that list. Although, I did see someone reversing on a one-way road once. But, in general, we know the roads because we have a lot of them. I mean, how is anyone going to know what particular vehicles have to stop before railroad tracks.

I don't think the test is measuring driver intelligence, but rather intelligent people who happen to drive. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of stupid people in the Northeast. Just don't insult our driving. OK, you can insult NY and MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment