Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sports & Idols

Thursday, May 25, 2006


Keep your eye on Howard's birdie... I don't know how many times I've watched this already.

Is it me, or are the NBA playoffs amazingly fun to watch this year? The regular season was such a damn bore, but now we have a wonderful post-season to bask in. I think Dallas can take the series against the Suns. If the first game is any indication, both teams played virtually equally, but the X-factor turned out to be Boris Diaw, WHO!??!?! Yeah, exactly. I don't see him putting up big numbers in the next few games, thus I don't see the Suns taking it. Dampier needs to get involved, too.

The Heat-Pistons series would be the more complicated one to judge. I'll take the Heat, only because they have such a complete roster. I'm also probably speaking out of hope, because I hate Rasheed's big mouth and I'd like to see it shut for as long as possible.

Clicking over to YES last night, the Yanks looked alright against the Red Sox. Why is it that with any pitcher for the Yankees you can never have complete confidence in him? When you see Clemens or Beckett, at least your palms don't get sweaty (if that's your team, at least). At least they're only half a game out despite playing the way they have been. We'll just wait and see...

And Taylor Hicks won that singing contest by the way. Does anyone else not get him at all? It's one thing to imitate Ray Charles' voice, but to imitate his movements, too? It's not just weird, it's offensive. There was only one Sam Cooke, one Otis Redding and one Ray Charles, but I think this guy is trying to make it two. The finale was fun to watch, and they did a good job of transitioning from skits to performances. I thought Prince was incredible, and I thought it was even funnier how he walked off stage like he was George Jefferson rather than stay with Seacrest as they cut to commercial. That guy rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment