Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday, September 10, 2004


Currently Reading
East of Eden (Oprah's Book Club)
By John Steinbeck
see related
I watched the party conventions on TV in the last few weeks but there was nothing new said by either side. I think what I'll be much much more interested in is the presidential debates that will be starting at the end of this month. The Commission on Presidential Debates has scheduled three: the first on domestic policy, the second a town-hall meeting, and the third on foreign policy. There's also a vice-presidential debate scheduled. Right now the two sides have negotiators to discuss the particulars of each debate. Bush's father's secretary of defense Baker is negotiating for him and Kerry has two lawyers on his side. From what I've read so far, Bush hasn't agreed to the three debates, he wants to narrow the length of the debates and he wants to skip the town-hall one. Kerry, on the other hand, would agree to more. Bush wanting to skip the town-hall meeting got me thinking... has he had to answer one tough question while campaigning about anything he's done? While Kerry is caught in a blitzkrieg of questioning. This is the most important contest on the face of the earth. I hope both sides will come to an agreement, and I hope America will be listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment