Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Thursday, July 08, 2004


Should I keep my PC or get a MAC?

I probably won't act on that anytime soon because I'm pretty happy with XP, but reading about the new Windows OS isn't necessarily getting me excited. It's code-named Longhorn and it's scheduled to go public 2006. Apparently it's supposed to have improved coordination with other peripherals like handhelds, better security and improved search features among other things. I don't know if there's going to be some tie-in with Google because I remember Gates expressing that he really likes Google. So those poor Google developers, they'd go from billionaires to trillionaires.

But reviewers of the new system already see problems with drivers and especially with upgrading. I built my own PC and had a horrible time upgrading, granted it was a bootleg copy of XP, but the second time, I still had major problems. That whole process caused me a lot of agony so I wouldn't want to go through that again. Well, I still have two years to think about Macs, or maybe even try my hand at Linux. So many nerdy decisions to make, so much time...

No comments:

Post a Comment